Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Path


Have a close look at this picture, and imagine yourself walking along the cobbles.
You're following a path, and the destination is there in front of you. But it looks like you can't get directly there, you have to take an alternate route. Which one do you choose?
You can't see what's around the corner. The path may end, or get bumpier. One direction may be longer than the other. Maybe the boat will get you there (not me, I'm REALLY scared of water!).
I'm not sure what's around the corner, but it seems that a journey with God is full of unexpected twists and turns.
"I tell you the truth," Jesus replied, "no-one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age (homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields - and with them, persectution) and in the age to come, eternal life" Mark 10:29-30.
Blessings
Penny

No comments: