Tuesday, July 8, 2008

With a step of faith.......

I shared some months ago that the Holy Spirit had been challenging us to leave our net and follow Him. What was the net? After much prayer it was this week revealed, and God asked us to take the step of faith - '"If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me."' Mark 8: 34-38.

Today we took that step, a BIG one. I don't know where our feet will land, but I know the rock beneath us is Jesus. I choose not to live a life of regret wondering what I missed out on because I would not follow God.
I can't tell you I'm not scared, but we feel such peace. In fact, we are so excited about what God has in store that we want it to happen! Part of the excitement is the unknown, and just that were doing all in faith!

To you I say, has God asked something of you that seems too big to give? Compare that to giving the life of your son. Seems insignificant now doesn't it!?!?!
When you are fully obedient to the calling of God, He will honour that faithfulness.

Penny

2 comments:

Darren Lamotte said...

Hi Penny, This sounds exciting you will have to give us a call so we can chat about what is happening for us both ( in case you dont have my current number 0434104341)
We continue to pray for you and your gorgeous family regularly. We truly believe God has great things planned for you.
Give our love to Allan and the kids, and keep relying on God He will be your rock.
Love Darren

Simon Mapleback said...

Thanks for your comments, they have been greatly encouraging.

I pray you and your family are healthy and safe in God's hands - especially with the 'project' this blog talks about!

Keep safe, hope to catch you around somewhere again soon.