Saturday, June 28, 2008

Mainly Music

After much prayer and planning, our playgroup has adopted the Mainly Music format, and for the last few weeks of term we have been 'test running' it. For those who aren't familiar with it, Mainly Music is kinda a playgroup to music, with a very strong focus on ministering to the children and families.
Week one saw three new families, and the return of an 'old' playgroup family. Praise God! May it be that this is just the start of greater things to come.
I've always found children's ministries a challenge, but I love to sit with the other mums and just show them the love of God through my friendship. Being a parent to a participating child allows me to lead by example. I pray that the example I show is pleasing to God.
And praise be to God for the team that are behind this change in evangelism. Their passion, and enthusiasm are such a blessing and a HUGE answer to prayer.
My prayer focus in the two weeks off is that God will bless this ministry, and use it as a stepping stone to meet the needs of a community who need Christ.
Bless ya
Penn

No comments: