Sunday, October 26, 2008

WEST HOUSE 46

Monash Gippsland West 46, 1996.............. That brings back some memories....

In my second year at uni, I lived in campus accomm with 5 other people, all but one were strangers. It was purely through lost paperwork that I was placed in that house. You know what, that was one of the BEST years of my life.
Today, for the first time since late 1996 we were all together. Although it was just a few hours, it was like we had never been apart. We picked up where we left off, reminiscing about some strange times! The house catching fire. Communicating in Simpson's quotes. Making each other laugh while drinking/swallowing (yogurt was the best). Guns n Roses followed by Michael Bolton. The 'Binishell'. Churchill Charcoal Chicken Chippies.
Somewhere in there, mainly all nighters, we managed to study!
Our journeys have all been different, but the point at which our paths crossed was God's perfect timing.
As I sit here and reflect on my time at Uni (with a grin from ear to ear!), my heart is humbled by God's hand in those years. Thank-you Lord for each of the experiences I had and the friends I made. I have friends for life because of my time in Churchill.

Is there someone who crossed your path that you haven't thanked God for? Pray for them.

Bless ya
Penn

1 comment:

tarin said...

wow sounds like a good day...Tarin