Saturday, November 15, 2008

Lorna Cooper
24.12.1935 - 16.11.2006

"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain"
Phillipians 1:21

Today marks two years since my mum was promoted to glory after a long battle with ovarian cancer. Mum has received her 'well done good and faithful servant'.
I haven't seen a greater example of Christ's strength as I did in mum's last months. She bore pain that her doctor said was unimaginable. Never once did she complain, even using her time in hospital to witness the love and power of God.
I am thankful for her example of Christ's love, and that she raised me to understand a loving God who is faithful. I thank God for the miracle that she lived to meet her grandchildren, and that God gave her a few years of strength to create memories with Bella and Maddie.
Allan

3 comments:

tarin said...

Allan,

those words are just gorgeous

Tarin
xxx

Kylie said...

Yes, Allan, she was a very beautiful lady and even though I didn't know her for long, I will also remember her as a strong and beautiful lady who loved Jesus and radiated His love throughout her life.
Blessings, Kylie

Darren Lamotte said...

Allan, your Mum was a wonderful woman who was a great example of a Christian woman to all she came into contact with. Cherish the memories of the times she had with the Grandchildren, I am sure your Mum did.
She would be extremely proud of you and your family and the path you are following. Stay strong and rely on God. We Love you guys,
The Lamottes