Thursday, April 17, 2008

Chosen to be a (Junior) Soldier

"Having asked God for forgiveness,
I will be his loving and obedient child.
Because Jesus is my saviour from sin,
I will trust him to keep me good.
And will try to help others to follow Him.
I promise to pray, to read my bible,
and by His help,
to lead a life that is clean in thought word and deed.
I will not smoke, take harmful drugs, or consume alcoholic drinks"
Junior Soldier Pledge

Bella began Junior Soldier preparation classes this week. It's hard to describe the emotion! And the pledge.... doesn't it just say it all?!?!
We thank God that He entrusted us to raise our daughter. Now to see her excitement making her own decision to follow Christ - PRAISE GOD FOR THE FAITH OF A CHILD!
"Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these'." Mt 19:14

3 comments:

Darren Lamotte said...

Praise God for Bella and the start of her journey with God. I Love the Junior Soldiers Pledge I actually think in some ways it says everything we all should aspire to.
We continue to think of you all the time and you as a family are in our prayers. God Bless.
Darren

tarin said...

Good luck Bella.
penny you and allan have raised a gorgeous daughter, both inside and out.
love Tarin and boys
xxx

Dee Jay said...

She is so cute ... I remember my Junior Solder enrollment ... I didn't smile once ... I had an angry face on the entire time ... Hehehe ... WORD