Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Arm Yourselves!

Satan should come with a label - "CAUTION, fires without warning". Don't be fooled into thinking the safety is on, he is active and can hit you when you least expect it. Yes, he got a shot in at me today, and I did not see it coming. I was riding a wave of Holy Spirit excitement when I was king hit. Satan cast doubt in my mind.

If I sound defeated, I apologise. I am certainly not. Just a little more wary of how Satan works. He failed with this attack. I am more passionate about sharing the love of God than before, and I'm determined not to let him undermine the authority of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

It has got me thinking though about how underhanded Satan can be. Remember that Simpsons episode where the devil reveals himself to be Ned Flanders - "it's always the one you least suspect". Although I wasn't sure that I agreed with that, 2 Corinthians 11:14 says "...for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light". Scarey thought, hey?

Satan does come with a warning label. It's a very detailed one which tells stories of just how cunning he is. Fortunately, it also tells of the power that Christ has over darkness. Arm yourself with the word of God, so that when Satan does reveal himself, you are protected.

Bless you
Penny

2 comments:

Cadet Stobes!! said...

We have victory by the blood of the Risen Saviour - Jesus! Hallelujah! We are cleansed by the blood of the Lamb that was slain! Let us all arm ourselves with the armour of God. God is our strength! Thank you so much for your encouragement on my blog! May all of God's abundant blessings be yours!

Kylie said...

Yes we need to arm ourselves daily with the armour of God, Satan tries all kinds of tricks....but thanks to God WE HAVE THE VICTORY!
Bless you my friend.....xxxx