Saturday, April 5, 2008

Timbrells, tutus, and flaming coffee!

OK, so it took a while, but we have finally figured this out! I have no idea who is going to read this, but thanks for sharing our journey. We hope God blesses you through the wierd yet strangely normal lives of the Cooper household!

On Friday we, as a family, went to the Creative Kids Camp concert, which our friend Mitch had attended. Although it went over Harrison's head, the girls were fascinated by the dance, singing, drama and music. These are elements of worship Bella and Maddie have not been exposed to. Campers came and spoke to the girls and gave them balloons which made them feel a part of the experience. Thank-you for the blessings you all shared with us.
What an inspiring group of young people! I wish I could have bottled their enthousiasm! Each glowed with their excitement and love for their Lord and Saviour. I pray that the passion they showed will be infectious when they return to their homes and schools and they will witness the love and grace of God to those around them.
It had us thinking that these young people aren't the Army of the future, they are today's Army. Each one plays a part in sewing seeds, ministering to others and the building of God's kingdom. Imagine what The Salvation Army will look like under their adult leadership if we nurture and encourage the young people in our congregations now.

The concert inspired our Bella to want to attend next year, and as fearful as I am that she wants to leave me (so to speak) what a joy it is that the ministry of the campers touched so close to home! It was strange that a 7 year old had no idea what a timbrel item was though!

May you see the love of God in the children around you.

Penny

5 comments:

Kylie said...

Hi beautiful people....good to see you on the blogging scene. Colin and I have started blogging this year too....we will look forward to reading....I think that it is challenging to do this...I have found it a great way to get some stuff out and also to reflect on what God is doing.
Love Kylie

Darren Lamotte said...

Welcome to the world of blogging!
Your support and friendship means a lot to both Susan and myself. Good friends are hard to find ! We both cant wait to read what is happening in your world.
Susan still loves the timbrel, I dont quite get why !

Love and Prayers,
The Lamotte Clan

John Cooper said...

wow, welcome to the Blogesphere! and its about time I updated my blog too...
Saw my first timbrel item in months on Sunday, and wasn't very impressed by the local talent, not many smiles, old school choreography, if they were anything to go off, the timbrel is a dying art form in sth east Queensland. But then, the previous timbrels I'd seen before that was when Waverley Timbrel Brigade was hosted by the Launceston Timbrels. Those girls (and the odd guy) do know how to rattle a timbrel!
I played in a timbrel item once... (token male) but I left my timbrel behind in eastern Germany. Is that far enough away?

Dee Jay said...

Your such an internet nerd ... Stop looking at cans of Soup on e-Bay ...

Barb said...

HI
Co friend of Kylie's
Just want to say thankyou that bit about "Kids are the church now" has been my mantra for 5 years or more we tend to protect kids from God how dumb are we..... Its so good to hear someone else write it.
Blessings